Wednesday, October 30, 2013

What is Craft Service

Craft service or crafty as it is some times called is the table where you will find many delicious treats for the crew and actors to enjoy. While not as important as many of the other departments on set, the people running crafty are definitely the most popular. That is because their the ones who provide all the food on set between the meals. When your working 12 to 15 hours for a few weeks straight you need as many calories as possible. I decided about four years ago that crafty was going to be my new career. I only did it once but I must say it was one of the best times I ever had on a set. The project was for Cracked and was filmed at the famous Eagle Rock breakfast spot Pat & Lorraines. The pop culture spoofing crew picked the perfect place since Tarintino's Reservoir Dogs first scene starts here. The video I'm hoping to be able to embed below was one of the funniest things I have ever heard being filmed. If you look in the background you can see the very funny Randall Maynard and I playing extras. Enjoy, I know I did!!



Special thanks to Matt Barrs for getting me the gig in the first place.




No comments:

Post a Comment